Westlock provides quality seed processing services to its 1,050 plus customer base. Capabilities include:
- PRECLEAN ASPIRATOR: removes dust, light and foreign material from seed before cleaning equipment
- SCALPER ASPIRATOR: removes rocks, straw, large chunks of foreign material with a rotary screen and wind separation
- DEBEARDER: polish and clips oats, removes beards from barley, clips hairs and tails off wild oats
- INDENT: separates grains by length from short to long, separates wild oats and weed seeds from seed
- AIR/SCREEN: separates product by running over selected screen size using eccentric drives to move seed along screens, removes small undersized seeds for uniform sample
- GRAVITY: separates based on density using eccentric drives, a raised deck and air to separate light and foreign materials
- COLOR SORTER: Optical separation adds great value to a variety of commodities (sorter uses camera sensors that signal air injectors to blow out selected rejects)
View a video highlighting our services.
We also offer:
- Pedigreed seed cleaning
- Commercial seed cleaning
- Export cleaning
- BioVision Seed Labs Drop-Off Center
Westlock collects samples for producers to verify their seed's germination, fusarium graminearum and disease pressures.
My name is Dale Beamish; my family has been involved in seed and seed cleaning for forty six years. My father built a cleaning plant on the family farm in 1966 and did custom cleaning up until 1985. Beamish Seed Farm Ltd. became pedigreed growers in 1981... READ MORE.